Commonly known as the Portland Armory, the Annex was constructed forty years after the founding of Portland in 1891. The building was listed on the National Register in 2000 but remained vacant with threats of demolition. Heritage worked with developer Gerding-Edlen to use historic tax credits to transform the building into a world-class theater and home for Portland Center Stage. It was the first historic tax credit project to secure platinum LEED certification.
- Federal Historic Tax Credits
- Oregon Special Assessment of Historic Property Program
Photograph by: Peter Merholz from Berkeley, CA, United States