Completed in 1897, the Flatiron Building (also known as the English-American Building and the Georgia Savings Bank) is Atlanta’s oldest standing skyscraper. The building was designed by Bradford Lee Gilbert, a prolific railroad architect who also designed the “Tower Building,” New York City’s first skyscraper, in 1889.
In 2016, Lucror Resources completed a $13mm rehabilitation of the Flatiron. The building will continue use as an office building with ground floor retail and restaurant space. Heritage helped Lucror Resources attain Federal and State Historic Tax Credits for the project.