The former Provident Mutual Insurance Company building was constructed in West Philadelphia in 1927 as the company’s headquarters. In 1983, the company relocated, and for decades the building sat underutilized. A prior attempt to redevelop the site fell through. In 2019, Philadelphia-based developer Iron Stone Real Estate Partners saw the building’s potential and commenced the rehabilitation of the building into a public health and education services hub.
Tenants include the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, KIPP Philadelphia Octavius Catto Elementary School, and the Public Health Management Corporation, among others. This ambitious rehabilitation will enable the building to continue to remain a beacon in the local community.
Heritage listed the building in the National Register of Historic Places and secured approvals for historic tax credits.
Federal Historic Tax Credits
State Historic Tax Credits