Pier A was constructed in 1886 by the New York City Department of Docks. Located at the northern edge of Battery Park, the pier is composed of the inshore Head house and the outshore Piershed with four-story clock tower. The rehabilitation of Pier A, which is nearing completion, will transform the building into a visitor center, restaurant, bar and live entertainment venue.
- Federal Historic Tax Credits
Photograph by: Joe Mabel from Seattle, US